Embark CDM Services
Safety Engineering is at the very heart of every design and project realisation, it is an integral part of the design process, the Health, Safety and Environmental risks are identified in the early stages of a project when the cost of making significant design changes are minimal but the influence on construction, operational and maintenance risks is significant.
The Safety and HSE design philosophies are clearly defined in regulations, design standards and guidelines. Safety Engineering takes a risk based review of the probability as well as the consequences of a hazard (qualitatively and quantitatively) and assessed the hazard against the acceptance criteria. Safety Cases are drawn up in detail to demonstrate that the risks meeting ALARP.
Our solutions consist of the following range of offshore safety studies that we provide:
• Conducting risk assessments for design (ALARP studies), PHA, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA and QRA
• International Safety Case production
• IADC HSE Case production
• Major Accident Hazard review (MAH)
• Risk analysis, risk treatment and risk communication by using Bowtie risk management models
• Identification and setting up performance standards/verification schemes for safety critical elements (SCE)
• Assessment of facilities for escape, evacuation and rescue analysis (EERA)
• Performing effect (CFD) modelling calculations for releases of toxic and flammable gasses, fires and explosions
• Fire and explosion risk assessments (FERA)
• Human factor engineering (HFE)
• Ship collision, helicopter transport and drop object (lifting by crane operations) studies.
SOLUTIONS TO DESIGN BASED RELIABILITY
Embark Consulting strives to develop techniques that have the greatest impact during design and as such has developed a Risk-based Design and Maintenance solution that optimizes your assets and helps you to meet demanding goals for production, safety, quality, and finances.
The design, operation and maintenance of production and supporting assets involves several key factors; determination of reliability (incl. redundancy) and availability goals, minimization of lifecycle costs, determination and justification of maintenance efforts, clarification of required spare parts (to meet reliability and availability goals) and SLAs (e.g. required response times) with all involved parties (internal and external).
Optimizing and respecting all these factors requires a clear and systematic approach. It also requires an integral approach.
DOWNLOAD OUR CAPABILITY STATEMENT
Click below to download OR call the team on
+44 (0) 203 637 4744